Friday, November 26, 2010

So behind!

I have been so behind in my blogging these days! I have to admit that, although I have been crafting, I have been thoroughly enjoying my time with my little munchkin, who turned 6 months today. Its been so much fun to watch him grow! This last month there have been so many changes. He went from simply wiggling to rolling around the floor. He had decent head control but now he is trying to crawl. He is working on sitting up, and working on holding his own bottle. He loves to eat solid foods and loves to talk our heads off. He has the best laugh and longs to have attention 24/7. It has been such a blessing to just enjoy the little moments with him as we prepare for his monkeybrother to be born in just a few more months (crazy!).

Meanwhile I have been getting in gear for Christmas. I have found a passion for tie-dying, a love for making little scrapbooks, and having a blast creating new patterns out of yarn and crochet hooks. I have a bazillion ideas in my head and no where near enough time to get them all done. So I am trying to focus my energies on Christmas projects both to sell and to give to family/friends.

Here are some pictures of some of the things that I have been working on. You can find them all to purchase on artfire.com/users/adaynasmilescreations. Consider using me for your Christmas needs.

Here is a crocheted wreath that I created. It is filled with cotton stuffing, and completely designed by me.



Have a little one in your life? Know someone who is expecting? These hand-dyed onsies are super cute and unique.






Here is a gift that I made for one of my husband's co-workers. She is expecting a little girl in the next week or so. Although this one has already been given, I would be happy to design something similar for the newborn in your life.


And, finally, I have been enjoying recycling all those baby magazines that I get in the mail on a regular basis and turning them into something beautiful. They will be available on my artfire soon. I can also make them out of wrapping paper with any color scheme in mind.


I just finished two frames that will be Christmas presents for family members, have some Christmas placemats that I will be photographing and selling soon, am working on a crochet advent chain, and a variety of other little projects. I am busy busy busy, but that is part of why I love this time of year! Happy belated Thanksgiving to you all and welcome to the craziness of the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment